- 2 cotton-tip sterile swab or regular cotton-tip swab (e.g., a Q-Tip) per person tested IMPORTANT: If you use a regular cotton-tip swab such as a Q-Tip, cut off one of the cotton-tips so the swab only has one cotton-tip. DO NOT TOUCH THE REMAINING COTTON TIP WITH YOUR FINGERS.Sterile cotton-tip swabs can be found at your local pharmacy behind the counter and are approximately $0.25 per pack (2 swabs per pack).
- 2 small paper envelopes per person tested
- 1 small plastic bag (e.g., Ziploc bag) per person tested
- 1 Sample ID Slip per person tested
Step-by-Step InstructionsFor Swab Samples
- Wait 60 minutes after eating or drinking before swabbing mouth.
- Cut out one Sample ID Slip and fill-in the necessary information. Later, you will need to record the information into the Sample Identification Table (on Paternity Test Form).
- Place the completed Sample ID Slip in a small plastic bag. This plastic bag will hold the cotton-tip swab after sample collection.
- Place swab inside the mouth between the gums and the inside of the cheek. Rotate the swab 12-15 times. Remove from mouth. DO NOT touch the cotton-tip with your fingers.
- Place swab inside the paper envelope. DO NOT lick the gummed seal.
- Place the paper envelope in the plastic bag with the Sample ID Slip as prepared in Step 3. IMPORTANT: Allow the swab to dry for approximately five minutes before placing it in the bag.
- Repeat Steps 4-6 with the second swab.
- IMPORTANT: There should be two (2) swab samples per person tested.
- Seal the small plastic bag containing the Sample ID Slip and envelopes so it is air tight (use tape if necessary)
- Print and mail or email all items on the Paternity Test Form, unless you have paid online, in which case skip the payment section.
Shipping Address for Samples:
|DNA PLUS DTT CO EXPRESS TESTING|
|2654 B5 W HORIZON RIDGE PKWY|
|STE # 207|
|HENDERSON, NV 89052|